Saturday, January 15, 2011

I wish

I knew why Raegan was sick. Back when I was pregnant with Raegan I had to accept that I may never know why things turned out the way they did, and why things happen. This is one of those times where its hard to accept not knowing. I don't know why Raegan is sick, and neither do the doctors. Usually when there is something wrong with her I know, or have a good guess, but not this time.

On Monday January 10th I took Raegan to her 3 month post-op appointment after she had her last surgery in October to replace her shunt. I thought it would be a quick appointment, boy was I wrong. Raegan had an MRI before her appointment to check on her shunt. When we went to clinic the doctor said Raegans ventricles had doubled in size and he was admitting her to the hospital for surgery the following day.

Tuesday January 11th Raegan under went surgery to check and replace the parts of her shunt that were blocked. She did great after surgery, and went home late Wednesday night. She did great Wednesday and Thursday and by Thursday night she stopped eating, and had thrown up once before she went to bed around 7pm. Friday morning she got up and was sick about every two hours, and hadn't eaten or had much to drink. I finally made the call to take her to the ER down here at OHSU to make sure everything was ok.

Last night we spent the night in the ER, were we both got little sleep. She has been sick about 3 or 4 times since last night, but refuses to eat or drink. The other issue that has now come up is she can't keep her heart rate up. Its hanging out in the 70's and frequently drops into the 60's. The doctor came in a little while ago and has ordered a shunt-o-gram and is going to have a cardiologist come in and see Raegan.

In a nut shell that is whats going on, and if things change I will post and let everyone know. So if everyone will keep Raegan in their prayers, and keep your fingers crossed that this is just a flu bug.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am constantly praying for little Miss Raegan. She is a fighter like her mommy so I know she will be okay. You are such a brave and strong woman Cyndi and I admire you for that. I am so grateful you are my friend and I am always here if you need anything at all. Keep me posted and don't hesitate for a minute to call me for anything, even if it's just to vent!! xoxo

Kristi

 

Home | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012