Saturday, March 3, 2012

Daily Devotional- Parenting

Day 16

1 Corinthians 4:3-4 

3 As for me, it matters very little how I might be evaluated by you or by any human authority. I don’t even trust my own judgment on this point.4 My conscience is clear, but that doesn’t prove I’m right. It is the Lord himself who will examine me and decide.

JUDGMENT AND PRIDE

The church at Corinth was puffed up with pride. They were a world center of commerce, arts and philosophy and they prided themselves for the things they had achieved and acquired. They compared themselves to each other and judged the results. Their pride led them to judge others harshly and caused fighting and factions.

Paul answered their worldly pride with the spiritual perspective. He did not care to be successful in the eyes of the world. He did not even care to trust his own judgment of success. He surrendered everything to the court of Jesus Christ, and let Him be the judge.

Are you judging or being judged according to the world's standards? Are you overly self-critical or self-congratulatory? Submit to God and remember only God sees your heart (1 Sam 16:7).

Live your life as if you are testifying in the court of Jesus. That is a model your kids need to see.

No comments:

 

Home | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012