Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Daily Devotional- Parenting

Day 19
 
26 So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing. 27 I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified.

PERSONAL DISCIPLINE
Everyone knows we ought to practice spiritual disciplines such as quiet time, prayer and Bible study, but how many of us consider physical discipline as an important example for our children. What type of model do we present when it comes to eating and exercise?

Sometimes we have to give up the good for the better. Passing up an extra helping and spending some time in the gym may be the types of activities that can make you a better parent and a better witness for Christ. With the popularity of video games and the proliferation of TV channels, your kids could use a little time outside, how much better if you train yourself to go with them.
 

No comments:

 

Home | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012