Saturday, March 17, 2012

Daily Devotional- Parenting

Day 30

 27 “Praise the LORD, the God of my master, Abraham,” he said. “The LORD has shown unfailing love and faithfulness to my master, for he has led me straight to my master’s relatives.”

ACTIVE DEPENDENCE

When it was time for Isaac to marry, Abraham sent a servant to find a wife among Abraham's relatives. The servant left for Ur, trusting God to make the choice clear when the time was right. His task was accomplished when he met Rebekah at the well. Notice his response: "As for me, being on the way, the Lord led me to the house of my master's brethren." What a wonderful example of "active dependence!" The servant embarked on the journey, but depended on God to guide him to the right woman.

In parenting, "being on the way" means accepting our responsibility to make decisions that affect our kids. Our fear of mistakes may tempt us to avoid decisions, but parenting requires us to act. Thankfully God does not ask us to rely on our own wisdom. When we acknowledge our dependence on Him and seek His guidance and strength, He promises to provide them.

Be humble enough to seek God's will, and then bold enough to make decisions.

No comments:

 

Home | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012