Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Daily Devotional - Parenting

Day 34

Exodus 4:10-12
10 But Moses pleaded with the LORD, “O Lord, I’m not very good with words. I never have been, and I’m not now, even though you have spoken to me. I get tongue-tied, and my words get tangled.”

 
11 Then the LORD asked Moses, “Who makes a person’s mouth? Who decides whether people speak or do not speak, hear or do not hear, see or do not see? Is it not I, the LORD?12 Now go! I will be with you as you speak, and I will instruct you in what to say.”

CALLED TO PARENTING

Sometimes we don't understand why God calls us to a certain task or ministry. Other people seem far more qualified to meet the challenge that faces us. And yet over and over again in the Bible God used unlikely people to accomplish His goals.

There is no greater calling from God than parenting. When you feel inadequate for the task, realize you are putting your trust in the wrong person! Strive to be an excellent parent, but recognize that God is not dependent on your knowledge or expertise to bring about His results.

When you feel overwhelmed, surrender control and trust God. He will provide.

No comments:

 

Home | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012