Sunday, July 6, 2008



Last night was the most amazing night ever. I held my baby girl for the first time. There is not enough words to describe the feeling. I am sure that every mom knows the feeling I am talking about. I didn't think that I would get to hold her for at least a week or even more. I only had to wait 48 hours.

Raegan is doing very well. They did have to put a tube in yesterday to help her breath, but it should come out in the next few days. They also had to give her blood. Not much at all, just 7cc. They said that babies at her age can't make there own blood, and they are taking so much out that they have to give her more.

Today she is getting 11cc of blood, and she also has a little jaundice. Jaundice is the yellowish staining of the skin and sclerae (the whites of the eyes) that is caused by high levels in blood of the chemical bilirubin. Bilirubin comes from red blood cells. When red blood cells get old, they are destroyed. Hemoglobin, the iron-containing chemical in red blood cells that carries oxygen, is released from the destroyed red blood cells after the iron it contains is removed. The chemical that remains in the blood after the iron is removed becomes bilirubin. They are doing light therapy, also called phototherapy, which chemically breaks down the bilirubin in her skin to non-toxic forms. She will have the lights on her for 24 hours.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations :)

Getting to hold your baby for the first time is incredible, there are no words to describe it.

I am so happy everything is going so well.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS! I got goose bumps when I opened your blog and saw the picture of you and your sweet baby girl.
We are so happy for you and Aaron.
We will continue to pray for you all and wish you the very best.

Erin Shea said...

she Is beautiful Cyndi! Stay strong!

Unknown said...

That picture is beautiful. Holding your baby for the first time is amazing, there is no words for it. She is a tiny miracle! I hope all is going very well for you three, and you guys have all the happiness you deserve. Are thoughts are with you. Please keep us all informed!
Congrats Mama!

Unknown said...

Hey again. I posted a comment for you above, but I was thinking you wouldnt know who in the hell Nolan was...Well, Chelsea and Nolan that is. Just to let ya know;)
Cant wait to see more pictures! Believe or not, I only got till the end of Aug and im done being pregnant too! I am so ready for her to come out!!
Im glad you get to come home now, must be nice to get out of the hospital, and just breath.... It sounds like she is doing very well, and thats great! How long do the Dr's plan on her staying? How much does she need to weigh in order to come home?

Get some sleep! You need it!

Chelsea

 

Home | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012