Saturday, April 14, 2012

14/30

 Day14: Describe 5 strengths you have

1. Seeing the good in people: I believe that people are good at heart, whatever their outward actions may be. Some people in the world do very bad things, but I don't think it's because they are bad people. They just have made bad choices. I don't believe that people are born evil, everyone makes a conscious decision to do good or bad things. By seeing the good in people, I find it a lot easier to love the people around me.

2. Lifting others: I personally feel that no act of kindness is ever wasted. Some people raise themselves higher by bringing others down, I don't think that this is a good way to live. I make an effort every day to tell my family and friends that I love them, and to make them feel important and appreciated.

3. Patience: When people are rude or mean to me, I can just sit and take it for a very long time. Even if it is month after month of snippy little comments, I don't lash out. This has been both a blessing and a curse in my life. On one hand, I have kept a lot of close friends for years and years because of patience. On the other hand, I get walked over a lot by people. They feel that because I don't verbally let them know that what they do is hurting me, it is ok to keep doing it. This can make me very unhappy sometimes. But overall I think patience is a good thing.

4.  Empathy: The definition of empathy is "the ability to understand and share the feelings of another". This is what I consider to by my greatest strength. When people around me go through something hard, I really feel for them. Not in the "Oh I'm sorry"way, but with a real understanding.  This can be a little hard for me, because when people are hurt and angry, I also feel bad.  I love people, and it is very hard for me to see them unhappy and in pain. But with empathy also comes great joy. When good things happen to my friends, I get to see them bloom with happiness. When the people I love are happy, so am I.

5. I am socially wise: That's not to say I never stick my foot in my mouth.  However, I know how to include the outcast, forgive quickly and honestly, and help others feel good about themselves. I'm also very introspective and feel like I have very stable and clear self-awareness.


No comments:

 

Home | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012