Tuesday, April 3, 2012

3/30

Day 3: Describe your relationship with your parents

My viewpoint on the reference of "parent" is probably a bit skewed. I define "parent" as someone active in my life, always there when I'm questioning decisions and need advice, that will happily drop what they are doing to have a relationship with me; whether that be over the phone, visiting, traveling, emailing, or writing letters. A parent is someone I trust and confide in, that I value and feel valuable in return.  A parent brings out the best in me and never judges my worst. Well, maybe judges, but still loves me anyway.

I have several people in my life that I consider parents, or at least parental figures that have been important individuals.  They may have not biologically made me, but they have made me into who I am today, which is just as important.

We'll start with the assumable parent; my Mom. I'm lucky that I have such a supportive mother. She's always the first to be my biggest cheerleader, always there for big events, always wanting to be involved in my and Raegan's life. She's so reliable and dedicated and loves me unconditionally as I love her unconditionally.

I'm a very lucky woman to have the parents in my life that I do. I try to show them appreciation as often as possible.

Love you;

Dad, Rick, Chuck, Derek, Carl, Julie, Debbie, Kerry, Jonie, Dianne, and everyone else I am forgetting at the moment. 
 

No comments:

 

Home | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012