Friday, April 6, 2012

6/30

 Day 6: What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?

I've been through a lot of hard things, one of the hardest was losing my dad to his battle with cancer. In three short years my dad battled cancer not only once, but twice. It was July 5th, 2006 when I found out my dad had cancer. He had been diagnosed with testicular cancer. Seeing my dad be so sick was so hard. My dad never wanted anyone to feel bad or sorry for him. He was always in good spirit. My dad battled through the cancer with a strong will to continue living life as he always had been. He worked hard, enjoyed his vacations, and spending time with the family. In December 2008 I found out that my dad had cancer again. In September 2009 my dad passed away. It was one of the hardest days of my life.

To say that sometimes life likes to throw us curve balls, thing we don't see coming, or even ones we do see coming and dread facing our entire lives. I don't know why some things happen, I don't know why God sees fit to place obstacles in our paths that seem too large to face. As many times as I thought my plate was full, God had another plan and thought otherwise. 

Really I wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for the things that have happened in my past.



No comments:

 

Home | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012